Superfoods are becoming more and more popular among lovers of a healthy lifestyle and active position. We are used to the fact that these are mysterious names such as chia or Akai, in fact, the list is very wide, and a lot of healthy food can be bought in the online food store. Marky’s, Miami luxury food store offers its super list of superfoods, which you can order right now.
1. Raw Almonds You know ‘em, you love ‘em, but in addition to tasting great, they’re packed with protein, fiber, magnesium and vitamin E.
Its seeds are 30-60% composed of non-drying vegetable oil. In addition, the composition includes:
essential fatty acids;
a large amount of protein, in its properties and composition close to muscle protein;
a group of vitamins B;
Almonds are also quite high in calories. For 100 g of product, it contains 579 kcal.
2.Blueberries (and other berries): berries are rich in antioxidants anthocyanins and phytochemicals called flavonoids.
Blueberries contain antioxidants, the main of which is vitamin C, which protects the body from the negative effects of free radicals. Blueberries have the property of increasing the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, which is especially important for high cholesterol. There are a lot of anthocyanins in blueberries - polyphenolic compounds, which contribute to the fight against malignant tumors. The berry contains manganese, which is necessary for diabetics, as it reduces sugar levels.
Composition and beneficial properties of blueberries
The glycemic index (GI) of blueberries is low, so berries are recommended during diets. Blueberry juice helps to normalize digestive processes, stops intestinal upset. The use of blueberries enhances the effect of drugs to lower blood sugar and speeds up metabolism.
Fresh berries are stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, if long-term storage is necessary, then you should freeze the berries, laying them in one layer on a flat plate or tray. Then blueberries can be poured into a plastic or glass container and stored in the freezer for up to a year (calorizator). When drying blueberries, berries will lose most of their beneficial properties, when frozen, all vitamins will remain intact. Also, the berries are perfectly preserved in the form of mashed potatoes.
3. Dark chocolate Thanks to its high amount of antioxidants, dark chocolate can even be considered a superfood, but be sure to choose a high cacao content (at least 70 percent) to get the health benefits.
4. Shiitake. They are rich in amino acids, zinc, proteins, and complex carbohydrates. They contain ergosterol, which contributes to the production of vitamin D. Mushrooms are effective in the treatment of diabetes, gout, stomach ulcers, as well as heart diseases. The product lowers cholesterol and strengthens the immune system. However, such mushrooms are contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation, as they cause allergic reactions
5. Salmon Another non-veggie member of the superfood group is Salmon. Even when cooked, this fish is considered very healthy. It’s a great source of protein, different minerals and vitamins, and beneficial fats. Its smoked version is also rich in iron, vitamin D, and B-complex vitamins. It also contains the omega-3 fatty acids that help maintain brain function, stimulate memory, and prevent depression.
6. Seaweed Salad The common Japanese name of this marine plant consists of two parts: the first part “waka” literally means “young seaweed”, while the part “me” was added to define edible types of seaweeds. The whole word should be pronounced as wok-ah-may. As wakame was one of the most consumed algae, along with nori it was even used as a kind of tax in ancient Japan. The natural qualities of this seaweed also had an impact on maintaining its important role in Japanese cuisine, which has not diminished until the present times. So, wakame is an extremely potent source of iodine, calcium, magnesium, and iron, along with essential vitamins A, C, D, and E.